holiday gift guide: becca of petal floral design

i haven't had the pleasure of meeting becca of petal floral design in boston . . .  yet.  i just admire her gorge work from a distance.  cannot wait to collaborate with her in the future.  gal's got heart . . . and it shows.



Best gifts for...
 
In laws: a night out to their favorite local restaurant.
 
Little Girls: I'm adoring these wall decals of paper dolls, so cute: http://shop.lovemae.com/product/dress-up-doll
 
Sister: Some gorgeous platters are always a thoughtful gift if your sister happens to be a 'hostess with the mostest,' like mine.  Here's one of my faves: http://www.katespade.com/home-decor/tableware/charcoal-floral-oval-platter/L820831,default,pd.html
 
Neighbor: cookies go a long way.  Try these from Martha Stewart: http://www.marthastewart.com/313989/johns-pecan-lace-cookies?czone=food/holiday-cookies-center/holiday-cookies-recipes.  Just add a little tissue, tinsel and ribbon and you'll be good to go!
 
stocking stuffer: Ornaments are always a hit!  Who doesn't love to add to their collection? I love the options fromAnthropologie:http://www.anthropologie.comanthro/catalog/category.jsppageName=Holiday+D%E9cor&popId=HOME&navAction=topnavCount=12&pushId=HOMEHOLIDAYDECOR&id=HOME-HOLIDAYDECOR 





what's the best gift you've ever gotten? 
That's easy. The best gift I ever got was from my husband.  A few years ago he took one of my favorite pieces of lavender sea glass (it was very smooth, small and round) and had it bezeled in gold as a charm for my charm bracelet.  Every time I look down at the charm, I'm not only reminded of his thoughtfulness, but of the calm I feel when walking the rocky New England coasts searching for sea glass and pottery. 
 
what gift are you most excited to give this year?
My nephew's gift.  We'll be getting him some cool musical instruments from the fabulous Land of Nod.  
 
what's number 1 on your wish-list this year?
No one on my wish-list? I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend getaway in Vermont and some bulky blue sky alpaca yarn.
 
best gift you've ever given?
fave holiday tradition?
My favorite holiday tradition and gift I've given are both wrapped in the same package.  Mike and I exchange one ornament each year as a symbol of something significant from that past year.  My favorite is from our first dinner date in 2005 when I saved the cork, wrote out the menu, and saved a bead from a necklace that had broke that night and sewed it altogether and added a string for hanging. I'm kind of a sucker for hand made things.
 

awwwww, becca!  way to make us all look bad.  thanks for reminding us the bestest gifts come from the heart not from a store.  you're as beauteous as your work.  happy holidays to YOU and yours.


0 comments:

Post a Comment